The Directors and Management of AG recognise that day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and enhance the environment through good management and by adopting best practice.
AG will continue to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and develop greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations.
In all our activities we commit to:
- Being a responsible and environmentally conscientious organisation;
- Meeting all applicable legal requirements and regulations and, where possible, exceeding these requirements;
- Preventing pollution to land, air and water;
- Minimising waste and increasing recycling within the framework of our waste management procedures;
- Identifying and managing environmental risks and hazards;
- Promoting environmentally responsible purchasing;
- Providing suitable training and setting guidelines to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control;
- Establishing targets to measure continuous improvement in our environmental performance and regularly review progress against defined targets;
- Managing landholdings so that biodiversity is protected and enhanced;
- Reporting and reviewing key environmental impacts of operations and progress against targets for reducing energy consumption, CO2 emissions, waste and water usage;
- Communicating this policy to everyone working for or on behalf of AG.
Through the implementation of this policy we are committed to ISO 14001:2004 as a management tool to manage environmental issues and to ensure that consistent standards are achieved across all operations.
AG will regularly review this policy and ensure that it is fit for purpose and reflects the environmental objectives of the organisation.